Better Freelancing Episode 030:
Learn to Pitch the Right Way with Michael Brown
Here’s how to connect with Michael…
Episode 030 Takeaways
- The number of people who freelance increases every day.
- It’s best to focus on one skill and make it your specialty.
- Focus on quality pitches rather than quantity — take a “pitch-centric” approach to winning new business.
- LinkedIn is an excellent platform to identify new businesses to pitch.
- In many cases, subject matter expertise counts for more than technical writing skills.
Episode 030 Quotables
“A lot of people working in full-time jobs, they see the value they’re adding to their companies and they look around at the marketplace and say, ‘I can add that value to 5, 6, 10, 20 different companies.'”
— Michael Brown
“It’s pretty easy to spot something that’s copied, pasted. You know this freelancer has just copied, pasted this response and blasted it out to hundreds of potential companies.”
— Michael Brown
Start Your Own Online, Service-Based Business
Listen — freelancing isn’t just for so-called experts. You, too, could enjoy the freedom, flexibility and financial independence of work-at-home freelancing just like my guests on Better Freelancing.
Will you let me help you get started?
What Is Better Freelancing?
Better Freelancing — formerly known as Better Blogging — is the video interview series that explores the best practices of successful freelancers. Catch new episodes bi-weekly, with occasional bonus episodes! Subscribe to my YouTube Channel for updates.
Here are a few recent episodes you might like…
November 7th, 2016
Thanks for Watching!
Have a question for me or my guest? Why not drop it in the comments below?
And remember — if you enjoyed this episode — sharing is caring… why not ask your followers to watch Better Freelancing, too?